The Land is Singing Your Return
21st August 2021 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
We very warmly welcome you to join us in this place of wild sanctuary on our Dartmoor hill farm, for a day of gentle pilgrimage around the land here and a beautiful full-moon night of summer celebration, as we open the farm again for the return of visitors and friends. You are invited to spend the day with us – walking, sitting and resting on the earth, visiting the shrines and sacred places, wandering through the marsh and meadows, lingering beside the streams and ponds, sleeping beneath the willows. This will be a day of tender prayer and gentle honouring – of the earth, of ancestor spirits, of our precious human relationship with wild nature and of the journeys we have each travelled during the last year. The sacred places include the Deer Camp, Bear Shydi, Wild Horse Shrine, Grandmother Beech, Ancestor Cistvaen, Ceremonial Roundhouse and the newly-created Marsh Trackway. You will have the chance to make offerings to place on the shrines and to carry out into the world: wild weaving, proto-celtic prayer flags, ochre painting, water braiding and helping to carve a new totem pole.
We will share three informal hour-long workshop sessions during the day: ANCESTOR SONG with Nigel and Carolyn, SACRED FLUTE CIRCLE with Nigel and SACRED DRUM JOURNEY with Carolyn. These do not need to be booked and you can join in as you wish. In the evening we will play a concert of music and songs, including the buds of new work, and complete the night with joyous dance music from our band Global (with musicians Brian Abbott and Shaun Farrenden).
INFORMATION ABOUT BOOKING
* The number of places is limited to 80 full tickets and 50 evening-only tickets. The full ticket enables you to arrive at 10am and stay here until 11pm, thirteen hours of gentle magic and soul-filled music. Evening ticket holders arrive from 6pm for the concerts and to share the twilight land and moon-lit night with us.
* Things to bring: your drum and flute if you have one, warm clothing or blanket for the evening, waterproofs if necessary, optional camping chair or picnic umbrella – we will provide undercover spaces and chairs but you may wish to set up your picnic space in the meadow. Spring water from our well is available on tap so you can refill your bottle during the day. Anything else you would like to accompany your time on the land – your notebook, paints, knitting…
* We will be creating a peaceful, prayerful, and tenderly held space during the day. Please note this if you are wanting to bring your children with you – we will be asking for full supervision and careful respect for the purpose of the day. The evening will be a bit wilder and more suitable for youngsters but, due to shrine spaces, open fires and deep ponds, full supervision at all times will still be required. Please contact us if you wish to bring children.
* The land is uneven and boggy in some places but most places may be accessed by wheelchair, especially all-terrain versions. We can provide inside ground floor toilet access for those with disabilities – please ask on the day.
* We will be offering hot and cold drinks, cakes and savoury snacks during the day, plus our tavern with local ales and honey mead in the evening. Bring your own picnic food for lunch and supper. Please do not bring camping gas stoves or a BBQ.
* Parking at the farm is fairly spacious but limited so we will be issuing parking vouchers with your tickets on a first come basis. Please specify in the notes section of your order if you require a parking voucher with your booking. Any other cars will be able to park in the village with a walk (10 minutes) to the farm.
* Covid care considerations: all spaces for this event will be in open-sided tents or outside. In line with our tending to the safety and comfort of everyone who comes to this farm, we may be in touch with ticket-holders in advance of this date if there are any covid protection measures that public gatherings still need to address. This may involve those who are not vaccinated being asked to take a rapid test. If this event needs to be cancelled for covid reasons, there will be a full refund on all tickets.
Seventh Wave Music